President Donald Trump has been given the all clear by his physician to return to public engagements this weekend, according to his Thursday health update.
Trump, 74, was tested for COVID-19, the disease caused by the CCP (Chinese Communist Party) virus, last week on Oct. 1 after senior aide Hope Hicks was confirmed to have contracted the virus. On the morning of Oct. 2, the country was told that tests had confirmed the president had contracted the potentially deadly virus that has so far claimed over 212,000 American lives. Most people recover from COVID-19.
White House physician Dr. Sean P. Conley said in a daily health update, released with the president’s permission, that Trump’s physical condition has “remained stable and devoid of any indications to suggest progression of illness” since he returned home from Walter Reed National Military Medical Center on Monday.
Conley added in the memo that, so far, the experimental therapeutic treatment RegEneron, which was made accessible to the president through a “compassionate use” exemption, has not shown any signs of adverse effects for the president.
Conley ended by saying, “I fully anticipate the President’s safe return to public engagements” on Saturday, which will be 10 days since the president’s diagnosis.
Trump has now completed his course of therapy for COVID-19, as prescribed by his team of physicians, Conley said.
Earlier in the day, Trump hailed his “tremendous luck” with RegEneron and said he was feeling ready to attend campaign rallies.
“I’m feeling good. Really good. I think perfect,” Trump told the Fox Business Channel. “I think I’m better to the point where I’d love to do a rally tonight.”
The president’s diagnosis forced the Trump campaign to cancel five previously scheduled rallies in Florida, Wisconsin, and Arizona.
“Will be back on the Campaign Trail soon!!! The Fake News only shows the Fake Polls,” the president wrote on Twitter shortly after returning to the White House from Walter Reed National Military Medical Center.
.@BillStepien: President Trump’s doctor says POTUS will be medically cleared by Saturday, 5 full days before the originally scheduled debate in Miami on October 15.
CPD must stop protecting Joe Biden & allow the event to proceed as it was agreed to months ago.
Full statement: pic.twitter.com/xRtvTLd3QN
— Tim Murtaugh – Download the Trump 2020 app today! (@TimMurtaugh) October 9, 2020
The Trump campaign said late Thursday that the president would be able to attend the scheduled Oct. 15 debate with Biden in person, after Trump rejected proposals for a virtual event.
Jack Phillips contributed to this report.
IMPORTANT DECLARATION: ReporteroCubano.Net does not necessarily share the political views expressed in articles published from other information media. |Visit the source for more information